Below are the functions use for posing a character:
Move Gizmo You can drag the joint around freely or select the line of a specific axis for more precise control.
Rotation Gizmo You can drag the joint around freely or select the line of a specific axis for more precise control.
Note: If you want more control over the rotation gizmo hold Shift when pressing E for 'snapping mode'. Where 6 clicks of rotation is 90 degrees.
Both Move and Rotate gadgets have red, green, and blue lines of axis. These can be selected to restrict movement to that specific axis.:
- Rotation with no axis selected
- Rotation along lines of axis
- Movement with no axis selected
- Movement along lines of axis
Used to specify another node that the selected node should follow. For example, attaching a characters hands to another characters breast or ass.
Removes the parent node relationship.
Resets the node position to its default spawn position.
Centers the camera on the selected node.
Makes certain nodes (e.g. elbows, knees, wrists, and ankles) movable so that you can Move (W) and Rotate (E) them.
Used on nodes created with "Create (C)". Sets them back to their default state.
Mirrors the node on the other side of the body to match the selected node.
Global(X) / Local(X)
Changes whether axis movement/rotation is done relative to the global X,Y,Z axis or local (i.e. model) axis.
- Moving the wrist upward along the global z axis will move the hand straight up and down, parallel to the ground.
- Moving the wrist upward along the local z axis will result in a sweeping movement.